Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Crossfit Games Become Personal

For those of you who are on LifeKraze and remember the athletes that Ben Wagner and the LK team were able to write posts and accomplishments, for me personally, it was one of the coolest experiences as we were able to hear what was happening in the camp, training sessions, and competition. And the feeling when one of our new friends won the gold medal and how even though we didn't know them personally, we were so excited and over joyed with their success.

All of you know that O and I are super active in the Crossfit community and this year The Crossfit Games had a personal connection much like the Olympics did through Lifekraze. One of my crossfit friends that I met via twitter is an elite coach and is quickly becoming a well respected voice for the sport. Well this year one of her athlete's, Colleen Fahey, competed in the women's masters division and became "The Fittest Woman" for her age group! I have to tell you, it was an unbelievable accomplishment! As O and I watched her compete, fight through those hard lifts, push through the pain on the track and just blow her competition away!

When I texted my friend Katie it was so cool to hear her excitement and emotions in that moment that she helped someone accomplish their dream! If anything, I hope this is an encouragement for you reading this that dreams can happen no matter what age you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment