Monday, March 25, 2013

A New Beginning

Alright fans,
O (Olivia)  and I are back to blogging. Hopefully we'll be more consistent this time around, but with us being back in the US and the many adventures that we have already had, we've felt like we needed a place to share them with all of you. So with that being said, let's start.

Some of you might know that O and I have been keeping up with the Crossfit games and doing the WOD's (Workout of the Day) at our local gym. We are not competing officially, but are keeping track of our progress and seeing how we compare to those who are. During our time in Kenya, I began my journey with Crossfit and it has since brought me refreshment, joy, and a new found love for working out. Some people ask me, "Why Crossfit?" And I'll be honest, I've done P90X, Insanity, Jillian Michaels, and of course all my other soccer training stuff, and they were all good in their various ways. But this particular regimen has taken my fitness to a whole new level and I can't get enough of it. Here's a short clip that pretty much sums up why I do Crossfit and to what end. Well hopefully competing in the Crossfit games one day. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoFlNa6B9fo

So that's our current workout trend and let me tell you, this week's WOD 13.3 kicked both of our tails. We still are having trouble walking straight and getting out of our seats. To add a little flavor to our WOD's, O and I are very pro-yoga, running, eating healthy, and making good choices. We have found that supplementing Crossfit with regular yoga classes at LifeTime Fitness and running workouts are key in our fitness journey. If you want to hear more about those feel free to ask questions. Also, we are part of an amazing community on LifeKraze.com that not only encourages us in our fitness goals, but is there to virtually "high five" us in our healthy choices and lifestyle. If you aren't apart of it yet, you should definitely check it out! I use it way more than Facebook, twitter, and instagram. Just saying, it's WORTH your time.

Our eating choices boils down to a few key factors: 1) we are on a super tight budget and 2) what's in it. When we go grocery shopping O usually starts with Sprouts, which we have found to give you more for your money than Whole Foods, and Colorado's King Super or the equivalent Kroger. O will go online before we go shopping at those places, check out their savings, and put together a game plan for the week. She's amazing when it comes to planning in general and the way she prepares our dinner schedule is amazing!

Guys, if you're married or have a woman in mind that you are interested, I would highly recommend going to the grocery store together and start those conversations of what do you buy? why do you choose wheat or glutten free over the classic white? I'm telling you that will take the relationship or future relationship will put you on a higher pedestal than any other guy. We love going to grocery together and make those decisions together. It's one of the small things in life that we enjoy. Our rule of thumb, which is a huge help if I ever have to go to the store by myself, is if you can't pronounce an ingredient or have no clue what it is don't buy it. Period!

Lately we've been on a Mexican kick lately, but we love throwing in some Pad Thai, Indian, Ethiopian, Italian, and any other ethnic foods that have spice and flavor. If I can figure out how to add pictures to this thing I'll post our weekly hot meals along with the recipe.

So there you have it. Let these adventures keep coming and if you have any constructive suggestions or comments about anything please leave them. We are all about sharing information and resources that can help others in their journey.

Until next time... Let the adventures keep rolling.

PS. O and I made our first purchases at Lululemon and are absolutely loving my new pants and her new running shirt. Thanks Mom and Dad Pelts for our anniversary gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment